Do you still have some leftover turkey (does it seem to be multiplying in the refrigerator behind closed doors?!) Maybe some sweet potatoes too?
Here is a great recipe that makes a good hearty breakfast, but is equally delicious for lunch or dinner! The sweet potatoes give this dish a slightly sweet flavor. BTW, you can use whatever leftover root vegetables and meat you may have and it tastes just as good.
Turkey (or Chicken) Hash
Makes 3-4 servings
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 small red onion, chopped
½ cup carrot, chopped (about1 small carrot)
½ cup celery, chopped (about 1 small stalk)
2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
2 cups leftover sweet potatoes, cubed
1 cup green vegetable, chopped (try broccoli, brussels sprouts, green beans, peas)
¼ cup broth or water
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion, celery and carrot. Cook until vegetables are soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add turkey, sweet potatoes, and vegetables. Cook until heated through, adding broth/water if necessary to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in separate skillet, heat oil and add eggs. Cook to your liking: sunny side up, over easy, even scrambled!
- Serve the hash with a fried egg over each serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
How do you enjoy your holiday leftovers? Let me know! I'd love to hear.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Yours in Health,