There are no refined grains or sugars in this recipe to spike blood sugar levels and inflammation, so you can enjoy this dessert guilt free.
1.5 cups almond meal
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
3 medium pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp arrowroot starch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chopped pecan
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12" by 8" pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all dry crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a whisk.
3. Separately beat egg, add in vanilla extract, honey and coconut oil.
4. Add to dry ingredients and mix with a fork until thedough is crumbly.
5. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of lined pan lined with parchment paper. For a nice uniform crust, use the backside of a smaller pan to push the crust down to about 1/4" thickness. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup, and arrowroot starch for the pie filling. Add pears and mix to coat evenly.
7. Fill the tart crust with pear filling in overlapping layers (see photo above.) Sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes or until pears are soft.
Adapted from http://karolinaskitchen.com/2013/11/14/paleo-pear-tart/